Thursday, April 17, 2008

The only STD you want

posted by caps @ 11:11 PM   3 comments

I just saw one of the best concerts of my life.

Saves the Day is headlining the Bamboozle Road Show, and it made a stop in Orlando. They opened their set by playing their album Stay What You Are in it's entirety. It was amazing and I never even expected it. That album was very influential to me (and I know some of you liked it too), but to see the whole thing played live and to get to sing along was unbelievable.

On a low note however, Armor for Sleep also played, but one of their guitars broke and they couldn't replace it. They only played about 5 songs due to the complications. That band has had moderate success so I find it hard to believe that they didn't have a spare guitar lying around.

3 Comments:

At April 18, 2008 1:34 PM, Blogger P. Arty said...

It's awesome you got to see SWYA all the way through live! That album is quite good.

Also, too bad about Armor for Sleep. I think they'd be fun live. How could they not have a guitar!? You'd think they could borrow one from another band. LAME. Did you at least get to see The Truth About Heaven??

 
At April 18, 2008 6:38 PM, Blogger caps said...

yes they played that one (minus one guitar)

At one point the lead singer gave a kid in the audience his laminates to run to their car and get a guitar. It never surfaced though.

 
At May 05, 2008 7:53 PM, Blogger chris said...

Holy crap I'm just seeing this...in its entirety!??!?! I would die. I wonder if they did this for the whole tour...I think I already missed them up here in MPLS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home