Monday, June 26, 2006

Nacho Friday Revisited

posted by caps @ 3:44 AM   1 comments

The World Cup has recently taken over the majority of sports broadcasts, allowing the former patrons of Adams Hall to once again revisit the joys of NACHO FRIDAY! Boo-Ya ("Board it").

Unfortunately the distance between my compodres and I has vastly increased and the chances of getting Ed's Express' Nachos Plus is practically zero. Given these grave misfortunes, I have taken the liberties upon myself to celebrate the tradition with Pat, Dave, and Dan sitting next to me in spirit. The usual spot for Friday lunches is Hooters, so the last two weeks I have ordered the chicken nachos to commemorate the greatness which was/is Nacho Friday. I have not been able to catch a full game yet, but highlights are the exciting parts anyway. My co-workers are good enough company for the tradition, but I candefinitelyy say that the wait-staff definitely looks better than Ed's' ever did(except for that emo girl)!

In other exciting news involving food, a Qdoba is currently being staffed in Orlando! I am really excited about this. Now I can practice eating two Qdoba burritos to impress all of you when I eventually get back to the Midwest (Not that eating two Moe's homewreckers with the chips was a small feat). Moe's has been a staple for me down here, so now I have another option!

Last Thursday I attended the Warped Tour in Jacksonville(I had to work when it came to Orlando). A few of the notable bands I saw were Armor for Sleep, Saves the Day, Anti-Flag, the Bouncing Souls, Motion City Soundtrack, Less Then Jake, and Catch Twenty-Two. It was a pretty good day, no rain but really hot.


Saves The Day- the first time I have seen them live. Their newest record is pretty good (I think). They played a good mix from their CDs.



Motion City- it is a lot different seeing them now on a big stage rather then at Union South or The Stage Door. They played mostly stuff off their newer album. One, short, keyboard handstand did take place.



Less Than Jake- The eleventh time I have seen them. Probably the worst, not their playing, but I was standing in front of the security guard who thought it was his duty to catch EVERY crowd-surfer. I got a good view of his large belly for most of the concert.

1 Comments:

At June 26, 2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Nice!! I'll get some nachos a Friday very very soon to commemorate with you in spirit, Caps. Somewhere, perhaps in Germany, perhaps in Michigan, Micah is standing in the balcony of a disco killing cops with a sniper rifle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home