Sunday, June 11, 2006

Yellow Modeling Clay

posted by caps @ 10:28 AM   2 comments

Sorry for the delayed post, the last few days had me dodging a brushfire (4 miles from Animal Kingdom) and preparing for the first tropical storm of the season.

The Less Than Jake in-store was pretty cool. They played about 7 or so songs and signed autographs afterward. The place was pretty small and people were packed in. I had a good time.


LTJ


The crowd.

OK, the title of this post is a tribute to a favorite movie I had while growing up. It is from Ernest Goes to Camp (Duh Vern!) I have not seen this movie lately, so I do not know how it has stood against the test of time. Probably not so well considering the other Ernest movies. However, this movie introduced me to the song "Happy Together" by The Turtles. Who are The Turtles you ask? No they are not emo or totally washed up, yet. This sextet from the 60s was lead by Flow and Eddie to combat the British invasion of that era. Anyway, I saw them in concert at EPCOT the other night(6-6-06). It was totally deece plus. Initially I had planned to write a long and elaborate plan for how their playing combated the anti-Christ from rearing it's ugly head; but I got lazy so you will have to settle for a picture instead.


Flow and Eddie leading, I can only assume, Leonardo Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo.


Demonic squirrels like French fries.

2 Comments:

At June 12, 2006 7:27 AM, Blogger Detrie said...

I miss squirrels, as far as I've seen the only wildlife Cairo is into is spiders and roaches. (though in Cairo's defense, I haven't seen a roach yet, just the traps my flatmate put in every corner of our apartment)

I was listening to Tegan and Sarah at work today. and Heard I just want to be bad, which made me think of that Post about what pat would say to tegan and sarah, which made me remember how genious all of you are. I miss you kids.

 
At June 13, 2006 3:45 AM, Blogger caps said...

We miss you too. (I feel I can speak for everyone)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home