Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Thrill of Graduation... All Over Again

posted by Dave @ 9:24 AM   2 comments

So I realized last weekend I still had not recieved my diploma. Hmmm, I thought. November? This seems to be streching it. I had never thought that perhaps I had screwed something up, and maybe I didn't really graduate... But maybe my math was off or I missed something in my DARS report. Oh god, am I going to have to take another computer science class?? I think I would probably cry if that was the case. I emaied the Registrar's office, to see what was up. The only reponse I got was, "I'm forwarding your question to the Degree Audit Office." The degree audit office?? That doesn't sound good! Why would you need to audit anything? Just tell me I'm done and my diploma was just taking longer, as it needed to be coated in gold before sending it out.

I spent the last two days worrying. I was right back in the week between finals and grades. What if something went wrong? I had a hell of a lot more to lose at this point than I did then. I went over the numbers so many times, I had never once worried I figured it wrong, but now I was almost sure of it.

Finally I arrived at work this morning to find the single most reassuring email of all time. Turns out they accidentally sent my diploma to our old Bassett address. I did, in fact, graduate, and my diploma will be resent immediately. So here's to me, and my giant brain. And also to Dan, and his signifantly gianter brain, who got me through about 50% of my CS classes. It's so very good to be sure I'm a college grad again.

Signed,
David "HDR" Ryan, B.S.

2 Comments:

At November 10, 2005 11:27 AM, Blogger P. Arty said...

I still don't believe it.

 
At November 10, 2005 4:11 PM, Blogger caps said...

I think you deserve another "graduation special" from Pancake Cafe. This one will taste that much sweeter since you get to eat it all yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home