Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I May Be About to Die (Part 1)

posted by Dave @ 2:37 PM   0 comments

So I'm buying an Xbox. I don't mean I'm planning on buying one, but rather that I found a dude selling one on Craigslist, contacted him, offered him a very low price, and he accepted. The same package I'm buying from this dude is selling on ebay and other places for at least $300 more than I'm paying (I'm only paying a small margin over retail + tax). Also, he is dropping it off at my office downtown for me, but refused to come up to my office, instead wanting to meet in the lobby of my building. These factors combine into making me somewhat suspicious that I am about to die.

I can picture it now. He comes in with an Xbox box, but when I open it I find a coiled up boxing globe. Ka-Pow! It nails me in the nose, blood staining my favorite hooded sweatshirt. I hit the ground, and as I black out I see him scooping up his trap Xbox and taking my wallet. Oh, and then I die.

So while I certainly expect the transaction to be very professional and simple, I cannot help but wrap up a few important things before I potentially die. And, I figured, what better way than via blog? (I really hope these aren't my last words now, as I'd prefer if my last words were spoken, or at least printable.) Incase this is my last post, let me say that I have greatly enjoyed all of you over the years, and I look forward to jumping out of a heaven-closet and scaring you when you die yourselves. Pat and Dan, keep up the reviews of things. Chris and Qualls, you too. Joe, take pictures. Wipert, continue to not post things. Drax, you hate my friend (or not). Arun, be eloquent. And Harry, you tear down the governments of the world. To the blogolution, I say... I hope to see you again soon. And not as a zombie.

To Be Continued... (hopefully)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home