Friday, November 25, 2005

Walking with... The White Stripes?

posted by Dan @ 11:24 AM   2 comments

I was on my way home last night and my iPod was running low on batteries so I turn on the only radio station I could remember - 102.1.

I kinda tuned out after a minute, and then I heard something playing. I said to myself, "Hey, this kinda sounds like walking with a ghost. Well, if their guitar was dying that is." Sure enough Hot 102.1 was playing the White stiffs version of Walking With A Ghost.


The White Stripes getting their ass kicked by ninjas that I sent


This song was terrible. It sounded like like they took the first out of tune guitar they could find and then smashed it against the wall for an hour. I mean seriously how can you mess up a minor chord and two major chords? And the singing was even worse. You would think that at some point in the song they would accidentally harmonize, but no it was terrible the whole way through.

I personally think the White Stripes should formally apologize to Tegan and Sara and any poor person who may have heard this song.


Tegan and Sara not being attacked by Ninjas



Apologize!

2 Comments:

At November 25, 2005 1:58 PM, Blogger DoktorPeace said...

The song's actually called "Searching For a Ghost."

 
At December 01, 2005 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard a program on NPR about the most overlooked albums of the year. Tegan and Sara's was on the list, of course. During the ravefest about that, the White Stripe's version of the Ghost song (not wanting to call it the wrong thing, I'll leave it at that) was mentioned.
And jeered at.
NPR must know what it's talking about. It is, after all NPR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home