Friday, October 07, 2005

Blogging With a Ghost Contest

posted by Dan @ 1:09 AM   7 comments

We all know Pat loves to quote song lyrics to artist that wrote them. If you don't know about this just ask Ben Gibbard (yes Pat, he heard you). So of course he will try to do this at the Tegan and Sara show (assuming he doesn't die like he says he will). The only real question is what lyrics. Here are my guesses:


Note: First of all Pat would say this last line in his best Sara voice he can produce. Secondly he most likely will be crying.



Also high on my list is Pat walking up to Sara and saying, "So I hear you just want to be bad."

Okay, so here is the deal. I will give $10 to anyone who accurately predicts any Tegan and Sara song lyrics that Pat says if he actually gets to talk to them. Only one guess per person and not one already mentioned. What? You don't know any lyrics? No problem. There is nothing to lose, so you might as well take a guess. Sorry Pat, you can't enter. Finally I whole heartedly encourage you to try and convince Pat to say your phrase any way you can.

Good luck everyone!

7 Comments:

At October 07, 2005 9:24 AM, Blogger Dave said...

MY OFFICAL GUESS:
Pat will say the following quote to them, all in one sentence.

"I'm all alone
And I'm still missing you, missing you, missing you
Yeah missing you, missing you
Well I'm missing you, do you miss me now?
And I'm still missing you, missing you, missing you
Yeah missing you, missing you
Well I'm missing you, do you miss me now?"
-T&S, Missing You

 
At October 07, 2005 10:23 AM, Blogger caps said...

"We’ve got cities to visit
We’ve got trees we’ve yet to live in
And so get yourself on top of me
Before I'm gone gone gone"

I believe Pat would want to say this judging from previous posts, but if he does he would probably be smacked.
But think of the possibilities, T&S may be into a guy who only speaks lyrics. He could blind their love by becoming the lyrics they write for each other. Some of those deeply meaningful lyrics probably put them in the mood.

*I have never listened to T&S, so I don't have any idea how the percussion sounds in this song. I believe that may play a big factor here too.

 
At October 07, 2005 10:43 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Haha, excellent point, Caps. Also way hot to talk about how lesbian sisters write songs for each other. Way hot. And gross.

 
At October 07, 2005 2:38 PM, Blogger P. Arty said...

Holy shit, Metzger. You are, in my mind, the best asset the blogulution has.

That was wonderful.

I'm still laughing.

 
At October 07, 2005 10:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

first of all, i want to know if you came up with "blogging with a ghost" on your own, mootzgorilla. because a certain feminist i know came up with that this weekend too!

i will soon research and post my guesstimation as to what t&s lyric pat will regurgitate to the sistas.

p.s. this is polley on qualler's account.

 
At October 08, 2005 12:03 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Fuckin' lazy ass polley

 
At October 08, 2005 10:18 AM, Blogger chris said...

tegan: "geeze sara, every tour and every drummer's the same - 'whoa, you're lesbians? i'm outta here'"
sara: "i know, where can we get a drummer that just accepts us for who we are?"
pat: "if your loud guitar comes in, then ladies, my thumpin' drums come through." (melts)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home