Monday, January 02, 2006

Give the Gift of hotness This Holiday Season

posted by Dan @ 2:30 PM   1 comments

All right, the holiday season is over. But bear with me, blogging has been slow lately and maybe you forgot to get someone a present and need to make up for it in a big way. Well, this would definitely do it.

I was home for Christmas and as usual it was about two and a half hours before someone in my family asked me a computer question (This is actually a long time). Was it my Mom asking me how to reply to an email? My Step Dad having problems connecting to the wireless network? No, it was Andrew who wiped out all of my Brother's Firefox settings when he tried to install another poker program. I have no clue how someone could possibly affect a web browser while trying to install a program, but don't ever underestimate my family. We are a talented bunch.

After at least 35 seconds of trying to solve the problem on his own Andrew asks me to help out. I found the bookmarks and was able to restore them. All that was really left (other then my urban dead extensions, of course) was his home page. Now I could just put the typical boring google page back up.


Typical Boring Google Page


Luckily for my brother Pat had just posted a much better link which surely would have won "Best Link" at the blogulution awards if it were actually a category. What could be better then Google for your home page? A Tegan and Sara and Google home page!


Who would want this awesome page for their home page?


I used this for his homepage and when Jon first opened Firefox he noticed immediately.


Jon: What the hell is this?

Me: Oh yeah! It's your new Tegan and Sara start page from Awesomestart.com!

Jon: Put back my old start page.

Me: Look, this one is much better. You can do any regular google search just like before. But it also lets you search TeganandSara.org, TeganandSara.com, and TeganandSara.net right from your home page!

Jon: Who the hell are Tegan and Sara?

Me: Let's say you want to know when the Tegan and Sara played "My Number" all you have to to is type that in the search box and select TeganandSara.org.

Jon: Seriously put google back.

Me: Look, we got a list of their Set Lists! They played it July 5th 2003. That was a while ago, huh?

Jon: Dan, this isn't funny.

Me: No problem, what are brother for?


For some reason he I think he may have wanted to change it back still. And to do this he went to http://www.awesomestart.com, because of course the settings for Jon's home page would be stored at Awesomestart.com (I have not clue how we are related). As far as I know, he never did find out how to switch it back and the Tegan and Sara and Google page is still his homepage.

Merry Chistmas Jon. It's the least I could do for being such a great older brother.

1 Comments:

At January 02, 2006 6:14 PM, Blogger P. Arty said...

What's wrong with your brother?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home