Monday, September 26, 2005

My Cousin

posted by Dave @ 10:13 AM   2 comments

Firstly, let me just say how much is sucked not getting the Packers game here (stupid Chicago), though watching them fall to 0-3 might not have been the best way to spend a Sunday (and watching the bears get pummeled instead was pretty deece). Secondly, I hope you guys watched the Badgers game, it was fantastic.

Moving on, but not leaving football, let me tell you about my cousin Nick. Nick is a true Ryan: 15 years-old, sophomore in highschool, at least 6'9" (I haven't seen him for a couple of years), and easily over 350lbs. He didn't play football last year, but I guess his coach finally convinced him to, as I was just sent pictures of him playing offensive line:


(He is #79, in case you couldn't tell)

It appears Nick plays between two pretty small linemen - I'm pretty sure they line up next to Nick so Nick can put his arms out over their heads and block for them.


I mean, just look at #7 there, that guy better not be trying to block. Tight end, maybe?

Here's one of him in action:


This is almost hard to see, but just on the left side there, the red smudge? That's the guy Nick is blocking. Note that Nick is pretty much just standing there, while the red player certianly seems to be pushing with all his might.

So anyways, pretty cool. Don't mess with the Ryans, man, we'll sit on you.

P.S. I just found more pictures of Nick playing football on our family's online photo album thing.


2 Comments:

At September 27, 2005 11:57 AM, Blogger P. Arty said...

Yeah, well my dad could still beat your dad up.

 
At September 29, 2005 12:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The real question is this -- who's number 20?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home