Friday, September 23, 2005

I had a dream last night.

posted by P. Arty @ 4:16 PM   4 comments


Figure 1. The dream I had last night.

(Sighs.)


Now, on to the Gilmore Girls. I wasn't impressed with last week's episode. I believe at the time I gave it two thumbs down. I didn't like the dog (although I did like it when the dog locked itself in the car). I also have no interest in Liz and TJ at this point, and I think Rory and Lorelai are both acting preposterously, and it isn't really doing it for me.

There was one thing I did love about this episode. Metzger and I agreed that Rory's hotness peaked three different times. IN A ROW. She just kept getting hotter and hotter and hotter, before returning to her average hotness level for the last half of the episode. I hypothesized that she even surpassed Lorelai's hotness during the episode. Naturally, I ran the numbers, and this is what I came up with.


Figure 2. Hotness as a function of time. Click for larger view.

There are a few things we should note while looking at the data. First and most obvious, Lorelai and Rory are far hotter than average. Second, Rory did in fact surpass Lorelai during this episode; however, by the end of the episode Lorelai was still hotter. Lastly, it's interesting to note that even before the peaks of this week's episode, Rory's hotness was far more volatile than both Lorelai's hotness and the average of all women. Very interesting indeed.

It will be interesting to see whether or not these patterns continue in the future. It will also be interesting to see whether or not Amy Sherman-Palladino can get her act together. Sure, the dog is funny and cute, but I personally feel like I need more. Let's have Rory and Lorelai make nice so they can continue with their witty banter.

Oh, and bring Jess back.



4 Comments:

At September 23, 2005 6:51 PM, Blogger caps said...

There is a band named Rory. Look them up on purevolume.com if you are not illegally downloading. They opened up for Less Than Jake (who coincidentally used Rory in one of their music videos) last week when I saw them. I am not going to say it is good music, but their name could give them 15 minutes of fame in our circle when taken as the actuary or Gilmore Girl.

 
At September 23, 2005 9:24 PM, Blogger chris said...

JESS IS A BIG JERK WHO GIVES ALL OF US NICE BOYS WHO ACTUALLY LIKE LITERATURE A BAD NAME. MAY POOPY BEFALL HIS GELLED HAIR. (fuck that stupid fuck).

 
At September 23, 2005 11:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you used the indirect function when you ran the numbers!

 
At September 26, 2005 9:19 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Hahahaha, oh how I love graphs of hottness.

Rory's pulling off some amazingly attractive moments this season - I'm not sure they stack up to that one from last season*, but the consistant level of hotatude is way hot.

*I can't remember exactly when - maybe she was in a schoolgirl outfit? Can't remember. You know what I'm talking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home