Wednesday, September 26, 2007

By the power of Greyskull!

posted by caps @ 5:46 PM   5 comments

Yesterday I helped a friend move. I don't know why, but I always score some really cool stuff when I help someone move. At the beginning of the year, I got a tv/vcr combo, fireworks, and food containers when helping some friends. Yesterday however, I found a sword at the apartment complex dumpsters. You read that correctly, a SWORD! Not a cheap one either, all metal, detailed, and in decent condition. Some google searches on the manufacturer date it to have been made between 1893 and 1926. I can't wait for Antiques Roadshow to make it's way down here.

The sword was in this leather case. My roomate's cat wanted to play.

I was struggling to think of a Halloween costume, but now I think my options have narrowed!

5 Comments:

At September 27, 2007 10:46 AM, Blogger P. Arty said...

Holy crap that's awesome! Nice find Caps!

This reminds me so much of how Charlie found a sword in a pile of garbage in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...one of the funniest scenes in that entire series!

 
At September 27, 2007 4:34 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Oh my SWORD that's awesome! Great work, Caps!

That was great when Charlie found his sword too.

Caps, I want you roasting the meat of your first slaughtered croc on this thing by the end of the weekend!!

 
At September 28, 2007 8:01 PM, Blogger Knep-Star said...

You should really consider going as Wort from Sword and the Stone!!

But...who will be using the Capsasaurus costume this year?!?!

 
At October 01, 2007 9:23 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Duh Laura. He will be going as a sword carrying dinosaur.

Nice Find!

 
At October 09, 2007 10:15 PM, Blogger chris said...

holy crap, i'm sorry for not noticing you lately life after 208.

"it was probably used to kill somebody. why else would you throw a sword in the garbage?" -jerksica.

think about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home