Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Day in the Life 3 (not as cool as D3)

posted by Dave @ 8:55 PM   5 comments

While my day is not nearly as interesting as that of Caps or Dan, I'm going to throw my hat into the ring and let you all know just how thrilling it is to be me: suprise write-in candidate Dave Ryan!

My day also starts when I get out of my bed - my bed is decidedly not as cool as Dan or Caps', but a girl (not pictured) does sleep with me in it, so it's got that going for it.


Before I shower, I usually look very sad. So sad I can barely lift my phone to take my daily picture of myself.


After cleaning up, I opt for the a-ok sign (as opposed to the thumbs up, which is favored by zoo keepers). This gets me psyched up, and reminds me that things are a'ight.


After an hour or so on the train, I arrive at work. These are my monitors, and on the left one you can see this blog on Dan's computer on the blog on Caps' computer on the blog on your computer, which is showing this blog right now! Woah! Also, while you're looking at things, note my very impressive and complicated graphs. Also notice the small white things behind my keyboard - those are zombies. They are always lurching towards me very slowly, threatening to eat my brain if I ever fall asleep on my desk.


Alright, this is getting a little boring. Time for an ACTION SHOT! Sometimes in the afternoon I go downstairs and buy a soda. Then when I come back up I jab aggressively at the button for the 30th floor like so!


You may remember that elevator from the time it tried to eat me. What? You've never seen the video of that event? Well, then it's time for an ACTION VIDEO!



Probably the neatest part of my office is the view. This is the bean, as seen from my window.


This is the Art Museum, as seen from the window by the elevator (remember the elevator?). I think I've posted these views before, but whatever.


After work, it's time for another hour or so on the train. That's really boring, so it's time for another ACTION SHOT! This is a green line train hurtling into the station to pick up some people! Stand back!!


After all that excitment, I return home to hang out with Maria. Here we are wondering how you got so tiny and into our house (I suppose it's easier to sneak in when you're so small).


We do most of our hanging out in our lovely den. Here it is. Notice the guy's butt on the TV and the box of food on the table. What you cannot see in this photo is that the floor may or may not be vibrating thanks to our neighbor's television.



That's about it! I hope you enjoyed it. The torch is hereby passed to some other 208'er. Also, the great 208 reunion is about to happen in just two days! Everyone with their picture up on top except for Glen will be reuniting for a weekend in Madison. Look forward to some possible group blogging.

5 Comments:

At February 22, 2007 8:44 AM, Blogger caps said...

Nice job Dave! We zookeepers have to use the thumbs-up while we can One never knows when a raging animal may decide to bite them off.

...that actually reminds me of a story. On Thanksgiving, of all days, there was a woman in the park who was accidentally elbowed by a guy in a large crowd of people exiting an attraction. This can be expected at a park and most people would let it go. However, the woman and her husband retaliated against the elbower and security had to intervine.
The two men were fighing in the path and somehow, THE WOMAN BIT OFF PART OF THE MAN'S THUMB!

...just another usual day at the "Happiest Place On Earth!"

 
At February 22, 2007 11:09 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Nice! I really love to see these posts. I was really hoping you would jump into the elevator while the door was opening an closing.

See you tomorrow!

 
At February 22, 2007 11:20 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Sorry; I actually was inside the elevator when it started doing that. I had to jump out (very much like Indiana Jones), I should have recorded it but I just wanted to get the hell outta there first.

 
At February 22, 2007 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did a little living room re-arrangement there.

 
At February 22, 2007 9:05 PM, Blogger chris said...

hahahaha and comment of the year goes to pfeiffer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home