Tuesday, October 10, 2006

big ups from the deep deep south

posted by caps @ 8:25 PM   2 comments

Nice post Pat! I did not have the flu over my weekend, but I did catch a few flicks. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Red Eye, and Napoleon Dynamite to name a few. I was extremely disappointed with Red Eye. I recall the advertisements for this movie promoting a type of supernatural thriller, but there was nothing involving the supernatural in it.

I am an officially licensed open water SCUBA diver! My dive partner and I passed the written test with flying colors and the test dives were a breeze. Here are some photos from a dive we did at Typhoon Lagoon!

Tiger SharksGiJoe never looked this cool

I started my new job last week. For about the next month I will be working/training with Asian small-clawed otters, lesser flamingos, white-faced whistling ducks, and various species of fish. After that I will be moving to deer, kangaroos, Galapagos tortoises, storks, parrots, cranes, lemurs, and cotton-top tamarins. So far I am really enjoying it and my new coworkers seem really cool. Here are a few pics of my current animals.

one of three otters

some of the twenty flamingo

a really pretty fish


Tis the season when a familiar terrible lizard may be making appearances. Keep your eyes peeled.

2 Comments:

At October 11, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Caps, I must say that of all of our roomates you have EASILY turned out to be the coolest. Your animals are awesome, and I look forward to petting one of your white-faced whistling ducks sometime in the future.

(I heard the capsasaurous was spotted in Alabama, tearing the heads off of mailboxes)

 
At October 12, 2006 6:50 PM, Blogger DoktorPeace said...

That fish is indeed really pretty, but those flamingoes, I don't know. just look lesser to me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home