Thursday, August 31, 2006

Another year older...

posted by caps @ 9:49 PM   0 comments

Thanks for the warm birthday wishes. It is a great feeling to know that people are thinking of me even though I am on the other side of the country. A monster burger would have really hit the spot today, but that will have to hold off for a while for I don't know when I will be venturing back you Madisonian and FIBs (no offense, I don't know what else to call you). It is hard to believe that I have been gone for +14 months. I miss you all very much and can't wait for our eventual reunion; that will surely be one for the record books.

I had a rather uneventful day today, but that is a good thing. The gorillas are doing fine, except for the occasional superficial scratch or minor case of crotch-rot (neither of which are my fault). We got a bit of rain since Ernesto decided to crash my party, but nothing major happened. He turned out to be a glorified and way over-hyped thunderstorm to the Orlando area. Dan, I am starting to work on that gorilla picture with the birthday hats, it is going to be awesome, but belated a couple weeks for my birthday.

Laura, the picture you added to the post dedicated to me is quite fitting; for this week I started SCUBA lessons! Some zoos want keepers that are scuba certified, so since Disney gives discounted lessons, I signed up. I took the class with a friend, so I will try and get some pictures up eventually. Maybe I will even use Paint to place myself in precarious situations. You will just have to wait and see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home