Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Gilmore Girls Generally Entertained.

posted by Dave @ 1:58 PM   9 comments

I ejoyed last night's Gilmore Girls quite a bit. There was some good Kirk ("Look, Loreli, I'm sitting in a little gazebo. If you looked really quickly you may think I'm in the normal gazebo but I'm a giant."), some good Luke ("Hey, go ahead, play on my urn."), and some really crazy hot Rory. In the end it was just another filler episode, but it was pleasant, and my dislike of filler episodes was completely brushed aside by the last forty-five seconds (including the scenes from next week).

59 minutes and 45 seconds of Zero Progress
If I may drop a refrence to the top of this very blog: much like Pat Hayden, most of this episode went nowhere. We saw Luke decide to not hate Taylor then go back. We saw street names change, then go back (then go back on going back, but with little consequence). We saw Richard seem concerned with Rory and Logan getting married, then go back. While it was fun to watch, this was pretty inconsequential stuff. The one prevailing force pushing the plot forward was Richard building off that face (note that the face was shown in the preview again). Also, I didn't understand why Emily was sending Loreli all her junk. That was odd to me.

45 seconds of Bliss
Richard FINALLY shows up at Loreli's door and drops the line we saw from last week's preview. Maria and I both shouted when the credits started - grrrr, torture us no longer, Amy-Sherman Palladino.

The scenes from next week confirm a Loreli-Rory-Richard-Emily-Lane-Logan mix-em-up, which can only be good. (Plus Rory is turning 21 - drunk Rory?) And this week escaped without damaging anything, so it was fine. Next week may very well result in parades and a national holiday. I said I wanted this episode to reignite my flame of hope of reconciliation, and I'm happy to report that flame is ablaze once again.

Watch out for blow-out reviews next week. I anticipate a fantastic episode followed by graph-based reviews by not one, not two, but THREE Gilmore Girls freaks. (I'm looking at you, Port & Girzle.) Until then.

P.S. What happened to Jackson being mayor? He got elected, and was mayor for a while, but now he's not. Did he actually quit? I think maybe he did, but I don't remember it.

9 Comments:

At October 19, 2005 2:55 PM, Blogger Dan said...

WELL DONE GILMORE GIRLS!!!!!
**EXTRA LOUD CLAPPING**
WELL DONE!!!

(Note: I'm about 10% serious and 90% doing it to annoy Pat)

I also loved the fact that the Dad brought the Doll house to Loreli. And I would have to agree that Rory was really crazy hot. Like I told Pat last night, if I had to make out with one of the guys from Fire Ghost I'd definitly pick old Dean. Because that's the closest I would be to making out with Rory... yet.

 
At October 19, 2005 2:55 PM, Blogger P. Arty said...

I can't believe you watch the scenes from next week.

And then have the audacity to post about them here.

 
At October 19, 2005 3:19 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Yeah, where is the Whoop! Whoop! Spoiler Alert! in the title?

 
At October 19, 2005 4:12 PM, Blogger chris said...

uh duh jackson stepped down as mayor at the end of that episode! that was from forever ago! back when i WATCHED this shit. {waits for shitstorm}.

 
At October 19, 2005 5:35 PM, Blogger P. Arty said...

At least we got 60.5 minutes this week, YOU GOOFBALL!

 
At October 20, 2005 3:59 AM, Blogger DoktorPeace said...

Rory is not hot. I just don't see it.

 
At October 20, 2005 9:26 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Haha, Harry, that's a real good way to join me on the fagmo list.

Have you watched the show lately? She's gotten like super-way-hotter.

And dude, the scenes form next week are all that gets me through Wednesday-Monday (aka the crap days)

 
At October 20, 2005 9:40 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Are you calling ME, DAVID RYAN, a goofball for reporting 60.5 minutes? Because, damn, son, that included scenes from next week. Blizam.

 
At October 20, 2005 2:23 PM, Blogger P. Arty said...

Haha...you got me.

That's evidence the first against Hollyweird Harry Brammer.

And we ALL know Harry has watched the show recently. As recently as two days ago!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home