Saturday, October 22, 2005

Blast from the Past

posted by P. Arty @ 1:55 AM   3 comments

Good news, faithful readers. A couple weeks ago Metzger and I drove down to Chicago to see Tegan and Sara in concert (which oddly enough has not been "blogged" yet). On the way home we stopped at his mom's home in lovely Delafield, WI. Dan had manly things to talk about upstairs, so this left me to converse with his mother (who gave me cookies).

We talked about a variety of topics: my future, selling houses, Delafieldian sprawl. There was one topic, however, that took me by complete surprise.

In my years of knowing Metzger, one thing I've admired about him is his constant desire for self improvement. Whether he's earning his "yellow tips" in Tae Kwon Doe, learning to play the harmonica, or studying Sicilian chess openings (seriously), Metzger is never content unless he's bettering himself in some way.


How do you improve upon this? Beats me.


Little did I know that part of this quest for self improvement contained years and years of dance lessons. Mrs. Mootzgerella con Queso informed me that ever since a young age Metzger had been taking contemporary dance lessons, and that he even had a role in some major productions.

Obviously intrigued, I asked Mrs. Fencehouse what sort of productions, to which she replied, "Oh! I caught his last one on video! Would you like to see it?"

Of course, I affirmed.

Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to be amazed. See if you can spot him in this video.

3 Comments:

At October 22, 2005 3:38 AM, Blogger DoktorPeace said...

It's too blurry. Give me hints. Or just tell me.

And why does this dance about California Harry Potter fans have Dan in it?

 
At October 22, 2005 12:14 PM, Blogger caps said...

I don't think Dan could have settled for just playing a part in that number. He obviously choreographed the whole thing. I am surprised you didn't know about his dabbling in dance, he always was better than us at DDR.

 
At October 22, 2005 2:54 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Hahahaha, oh man, I knew Metzgargantuan was into the Potter, but this is a whole new level. Mad jump kicks, Zaroonie, tell your friends they have a lot to work on before they're fit to share a stage with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home